Easy Low Carb Creamy Sausage Soup is warming, rich, and satisfying without being too heavy; and best of all, it comes together in just 30 minutes!
Because I’m a food blogger, people are usually shocked when I tell them sometimes (really, most times, lol) I just don’t feel like cooking dinner!
After being in the kitchen for work so much, making dinner can often feel like a chore, especially since I’m cooking for one. To avoid the temptation to order take-out or make a fast-food run, quick meals like this Easy Low Carb Creamy Sausage Soup recipe are a great option.
I like to keep a few convenient ingredients on hand so I can whip up this soup fast. This recipe only requires 10 minutes of active prep time, and that’s mostly to chop up a few vegetables and slice fully-cooked store-bought sausage.
Pro Tip: In this recipe, I use chicken bone broth collagen, which is available from Amazon in this recipe to bump up the nutrition and to add a little body and richness to the broth. You can skip it if you want, or use chicken bone broth (also available from Amazon) instead of chicken stock + bone broth collagen.
What’s your go-to quick and easy nutritious meal for nights when you don’t feel like cooking?
Easy Low Carb Creamy Sausage Soup
This soup is not only easy to make, but it’s also a crowd-pleaser! It tastes similar to the popular favorite from Olive Garden called Zuppa Toscana.
Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana: Creamy Italian Sausage, Kale, and Potato Soup
Olive Garden’s famously delicious creamy Zuppa Toscana soup inspired my Easy Low Carb Creamy Sausage Soup recipe! The original version typically has spicy Italian sausage, kale, potato, cream, and bacon. I’ve also come across a few copycat versions of Zuppa Toscana that use gnocchi, white beans, and/or pasta instead of potato.
Keto Zuppa Toscana
My Easy Low Carb Creamy Sausage Soup recipe hits a lot of the same flavor notes as Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana. However, I used non-starchy vegetables (celery in this recipe) to keep the carbs down. I wouldn’t consider this soup a keto copycat version of Zuppa Toscana because there is nothing to simulate the potato.
Pro Tip: If you want a keto Zuppa Toscana copycat recipe, you could add 1 cup of the following: peeled and chopped turnips, peeled and chopped rutabaga, chopped radishes, or cauliflower florets.
Ingredients in This Easy Low Carb Creamy Sausage Soup Recipe:
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Fully-cooked spicy chicken sausage (I like Trader Joe’s!)
- Organic chicken stock
- Chicken bone broth collagen
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream (look for grass-fed if possible)
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley
What to Make with Cooked Sausage
Whether you have leftover cooked sausage or a store-bought package of fully-cooked sausage, there are a lot of quick, easy, and delicious meals you can make with it. Here are a few ideas:
- Stir fry with sausage bell peppers, onions, and broccoli
- Sautéed cabbage with sausage
- Sausage and zucchini hash topped with fried egg
- Leftover sausage and vegetable frittata
- Sausage and sauerkraut
- Tossed with pasta and a jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- Made into a casserole with rice, vegetables, and cheese
- Use it to make this Easy Low Carb Creamy Sausage Soup!
How Long Do Cooked Sausages Last in the Fridge?
If you bought fully-cooked sausage from the grocery store, go with the “use-by” date that’s on the product’s package. However, if you cooked fresh sausage and have leftovers, it should keep for 3 to 4 days if stored covered in the refrigerator. (Read more about sausage and food safety on the USDA website.)
More Nutritious Easy Weeknight Soup Recipes (Made in 30 Minutes or Less!):
- Easy Miso Chicken Soup
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Paleo Pizza Soup
- AIP Paleo Bone Broth Cabbage Detox Soup
- Leftover Chicken Bone Broth Soup
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Easy Low Carb Creamy Sausage Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces fully cooked spicy chicken sausage sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium stalks celery diced
- 3 large cloves garlic crushed
- 2 1/2 cups organic chicken stock
- 10 g chicken bone broth collagen 1 scoop
- 2 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high to high heat.
- Add the sausage, onion, and celery and cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the chicken stock and bring up to a boil. Cover the pan, turn the heat down to simmer, and cook 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the bone broth collagen and cream cheese.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the cream, salt, and pepper.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!