This salad really couldn’t be simpler, and it’s just the thing I’ve been craving lately.
I used a basic vinaigrette to dress white beans, roasted red bell pepper, and a bit of red onion. There’s a sprinkling of parsley (mostly for color), but of course for a bit of flavor too. The real ingredient that makes this salad’s flavor pop is a touch of garlic. Garlic and white beans is a combo you really can’t go wrong with…just be sure you don’t go overboard! (It is raw, after all.) Use a small clove and be sure to grate it on a microplane so you won’t have large chunks of garlic in your salad.
Just a heads-up, White Bean-Roasted Red Pepper Salad is perfect picnic food since it’s dairy-free. (After all, Memorial Day will be here in less than a month!) It's great for any party though, and looks really cute portioned out little glasses for individual servings.
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, grated on a microplane
- 1 (16 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped (homemade or store-bought)
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients; refrigerate until serving.