You only need 3 ingredients for this Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs Recipe, and it tastes just like Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs! Whip them up for Easter or whenever you’re in the mood for that magical chocolate + peanut butter combination.
As a kid, I always thought Easter had the best candy as far as holidays go.
Jelly Belly jelly beans, Cadbury cream eggs, and Reese’s peanut butter eggs all in one day! (omg, not to mention Sponge Candy.) What kid wouldn’t go crazy? (First of excitement and then of a sugar rush.)
Those were the days, but I’m telling you, these days are better.
As a grown-up, I get to make a version of one of my favorite childhood candy that tastes even better. Plus, it only requires three ingredients, comes together in 20 minutes, and is fun to make with kiddos.
If I wasn’t already, I’d be all over this recipe like a cheap suit.
Make these “for the kid’s Easter baskets” and help yourself to one. Or maybe two.
Or maybe just go ahead and hide these for you and give the kids the store-bought Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
- Mix together peanut butter and powdered sugar.
- Shape the mixture into “eggs”.
- Pop the eggs in the freezer to chill.
- Dip the peanut butter eggs in melted chocolate.
- Let the chocolate set, and then serve!
More Candy Recipes to Try:
- Crispy Toasted Puffed Quinoa Dark Chocolate Candy Bars
- Homemade Almond Joy Candy Bars
- Paleo Cadbury Creme Eggs
- Healthy Snickers Protein Bars
- Old Fashioned Easter Egg Candy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
3-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs Recipe (Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Copycat)
- Stir the powdered sugar and peanut butter together in a large bowl until well combined. When it gets too hard to stir, use your hands to knead it so it comes together.
- Divide the peanut butter mix into 8 equal pieces. Squeeze each piece with your hands to help it stick together and roll it between your palms, shaping each into an egg shape.
- Place the peanut butter eggs on a baking sheet lined with plastic wrap and put in the freezer until stiffened, about 15 minutes.
- Dip each peanut butter egg into the melted chocolate and place it on a wire rack to let the chocolate harden.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- If you have extra chocolate, you can pour it out onto a parchment paper-lined plate and let it harden. Snack on it or store it for use next time.
- Instead of milk chocolate, you can use dark chocolate or a mixture of milk and dark chocolate.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!