Ballpark Blondies, aka Brown Butter Salted Peanut Caramel Corn Blondies are rich and gooey with delicious brown sugar + butter flavor. All the fun add-ins round out the flavor profile and add texture. They’re as amazing as they sound, and perfect for any summer gathering!
I have been waiting to share these blondies with you since last December! One weekend afternoon in early December I found myself with a hankering to bake something, mainly because December and baking just go hand-in-hand, right?
I took a quick peak into my pantry and found a quarter of a bag of caramel corn and the remains of a can of salted peanuts and an idea started to take shape in my mind.
I scrounged around a bit more (scavenging around your own kitchen and finding surprises is always fun, lol). Luckily, I found the remnants of bags of white and dark chocolate chips in my freezer.
I debated between cookies and blondies and because they’re just ever so slightly easier to make (no scooping dough!), blondies won the day.
These Salted Caramel Blondies reminded me of being a kid and going to baseball games with my dad. Caramel corn and salted peanuts (as well as hot dogs) were necessities!
My sister and I always had the best time, not because we were into baseball (although we did think the mascot was pretty cool and we liked the sing-alongs), but because of the food. Those food memories are why I have a fondness for baseball now. Even though I really couldn’t care less as to who wins or loses.
Of course these blondies would be perfect for bringing along to a ball game. But they’re also pretty perfect for any summer gathering!
Salted Caramel Blondies Recipe
This isn't your average Salted Caramel Blondies Recipe. The salt balances out the sweet buttery brown sugar richness just right. And the salt comes from a fun source - salted peanuts!
Notes of caramel in this recipe come from both brown sugar and caramel corn.
In addition to all the special add-ins, what really makes these blondies something special is the brown butter. It adds depth to the sweetness with a subtly nutty caramel flavor. If you’ve never browned butter before, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is.
Ingredients in This Salted Caramel Blondies Recipe
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Caramel corn
- Salted peanuts
- White chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate chips
How to Make Salted Caramel Blondies
- Brown the butter and let it cool slightly.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in all the add-ins (here, salted peanuts, caramel corn, and chocolate chips).
Store Blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. After that, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days more.
Tips for Making Salted Caramel Blondies
- Don't skip browning the butter. Yes, this recipe will still work with regular melted butter. But browning butter only takes about 5 minutes and it lends a deep, rich nutty flavor to these Blondies.
- Once you brown the butter, let it cool slightly, but not fully. You want it just cool enough so that it doesn't scramble the egg. (The butter has to be warm to get the gorgeous crackle top!) I find that about 1 ½ to 2 minutes is perfect.
- Don't over-bake these Blondies. Like any Blondie recipe, these are best when they're a touch gooey in the center. And don't forget, they'll continue cooking for a little bit after they come out of the oven.
More Must-Try Blondie Recipes
- Patriotic Red White and Blue Blondies
- Healthy Maple Cinnamon Peanut Butter Blondies
- Cinnamon Apple Blondies
- Chocolate Chip Keto Blondies
- Peanut Butter Blondies
Ballpark Blondies (Brown Butter Salted Peanut Caramel Corn Blondies)
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter browned and cooled slightly
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups caramel corn
- ½ cup lightly salted peanuts coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over all 4 sides.
- Whisk together the brown butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and molasses. Stir in the flour and salt, and then fold in the caramel corn, peanuts, and chocolate chips. (The batter will be very thick.)
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until golden on the outside, but still a touch doughy in the center, about 20 to 23 minutes (be careful not to overbake, as these are best gooey in the center).
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Recipe Inspiration: Recipe adapted from my recipe for Butterbeer Brown Butter Blondies with Toasted Pecans.
- How to Brown Butter: Add the butter to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once melted, turn the heat down to medium-low to low. Cook until the butter smells nutty and is slightly browned. This will take about 4 to 5 minutes from the time it’s melted. Cool for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Storage: Store blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. After that, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days more.
This post was first published on An Edible Mosaic on May 24, 2017. I updated it with more information on July 16, 2021.