Funfetti Birthday Cake Batter Blondies are gooey and full of cake batter flavor!
How do you deal with the birthday of an acquaintance or co-worker who you’re not that close with, but got you a small gift for your last birthday? It can sometimes be a little awkward…it’s not to say that he/she got you a gift to get a gift in return, but if you completely blow off their birthday altogether, you’re likely to hurt their feelings. And no one wants that.
Especially when you can eat sweet treats and be happy together instead.
If you’re looking for the perfect birthday gift for a situation like that, I recommend something homemade; in particular, these blondies. They’re fun, festive, and super quick and easy to whip up. Spread them around the office and watch the atmosphere instantly brighten. And really, you don’t have to wait for a birthday.
I use butter flavoring in these blondies to give them a “birthday cake” flavor; although it will change the flavor slightly, you can omit it if you want. If you’d like to give butter extract a try, I recommend a “natural” extract such as Frontier Natural Products or Silver Cloud Estates; the Frontier brand in particular is a favorite of mine.
- 10 tablespoons (142 g) unsalted butter, browned and cooled slightly
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- ½ teaspoon butter flavoring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 cup (128 g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F; line an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over all 4 sides and you can just lift out the blondies.
- Whisk together the brown butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, almond extract, butter flavoring, and molasses. Stir in the flour and salt, and then fold in the white chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles.
- Bake until golden on the outside, but still a touch doughy in the center, about 20 to 23 minutes (be careful not to overbake, as these are best gooey in the center).
- Cool completely before cutting.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items, which helps me keep this site alive – thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!