This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DonVictorHoney #HoneyForHolidays #CollectiveBias
No-Cook Cranberry Honeycomb Cheesecake Mousse is sweetened with honey and honeycomb to balance the sweet/tart flavor of cranberry sauce; holiday desserts don’t get any easier or more delicious!
Remember the episode of Friends where Rachel attempts to make a trifle? The cookbook pages were stuck together and she ended up making a cross between a trifle and shepherd’s pie, complete with things like beef, peas, custard, and jam. I don’t know about all that (although Joey liked it, lol!), but I’ve always thought that a trifle was such a pretty, festive dessert.
The idea for this mousse came as kind-of a cross between cheesecake, trifle (a layered dessert of sherry-laced cake and custard), and fool (stewed fruit stirred into custard or cream). This version is quite festive, putting cranberry sauce to good use (which I keep on hand during the entire holiday season!).
As the sweetener, I used a combination of honey and honeycomb from Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar, which is a beautiful flavor balance to the sweet/tartness of cranberry sauce. And let’s talk for a quick minute about the cranberry sauce. You can use a store-bought whole-berry sauce for this recipe, but using homemade will really take it to the next level. My personal favorite is my Vanilla-Spiced Cranberry-Apple Sauce, and I keep my fridge stocked with it from Thanksgiving straight through New Years. A little tip when it comes to making this dessert; don’t fully incorporate the cranberry sauce into the cheesecake mixture. We’re looking for those pretty pink streaks!
Don Victor® Honey is raw, filtered honey, not heated or processed in any other way. I love that it has the comb too; it always feels like a special treat! If you have a few people on your holiday gift list you aren’t sure what to buy, this honey can be an easy and inexpensive, yet gourmet looking gift. Just pick up a couple jars for gifting when you pick up your own jar. (You can like Don Victor® Honey on Facebook and follow them on Pinterest.)
It was only recently that I found out that honeycomb is actually edible! It’s lovely spread out onto warm buttered toast; the honeycomb becomes soft and aromatic and completely irresistible. Buttered toast with honeycomb paired with a steaming cup of tea makes a pretty perfect breakfast or snack.
What are some of your favorite Christmas desserts?
- 3 oz (85 g) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped honeycomb from Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar
- 1 tablespoon honey from Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (177 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 8 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce (like my Vanilla-Spiced Cranberry-Apple Sauce), divided
- 2½ tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Unwrap the cream cheese, place it in a large bowl, and microwave on high for 30 seconds to soften it.
- Add the honeycomb, honey, and vanilla to the cream cheese, and beat with a handheld electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat the heavy cream to stiff peaks in a separate medium bowl.
- Beat ¼ of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the remaining whipped cream ¼ at a time.
- Swirl in 4 tablespoons of the cranberry sauce (don’t fully stir it in, you want a swirled, streaky look).
- Transfer the cheesecake mousse to 5 individual serving dishes.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce and ½ tablespoon walnuts.
Don Victor® Honey is available in what is referred to as the “Hispanic Aisle” at Walmart, near the international products.
[email protected] Cook Ware Lab says
Honey is my all time favorite! This honeycomb cheesecake looks very yummy!I will try at home! Thanks for sharing!