This easy 30 minute Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza is full of gooey cheese and chicken with a spicy kick served on crunchy French bread.
I love having quick and easy appetizer ideas up my sleeve. They come in handy so often!
This one is perfect for game day snacks, after school snacks, holiday appetizers, potluck foods, etc. When it’s on a buffet table at a party, it’s always one of the first things to disappear. And then people start asking for the recipe!
Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza has a savory onion and garlic base flavor, a creamy, gooey 4-cheese blend, a kick of spicy heat, a generous amount of chicken, and a crispy, crunchy French bread base. It makes good use of leftover chicken (or rotisserie chicken) or turkey, which helps it come together in just 30 minutes total.
And if you aren’t a big fan of spicy-hot foods, don’t be intimidated. You can customize this recipe to make it as mild as you like. About 1/4 cup of Frank’s RedHot Original Sauce here is a “mild” heat level. Work up from there if you like!
The other great thing about this recipe is that you can make the cheesy Buffalo chicken filling up to 3 days ahead of time and keep it stashed in the fridge until right before you bake and serve this French bread pizza.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Appetizer
- It’s a crowd-pleaser. From kids to adults and everyone in between, this cheesy-with-touch-of-heat appetizer is always a hit.
- French bread pizza is quick and easy to make. It’s a great way to use rotisserie chicken, but any cooked, chopped chicken (or turkey) will work fine.
- Customize it to suit your tastes. Whether you like it fiery hot or with barely any spice at all is up to you. Simply add more or less hot sauce!
- You can make it ahead of time. Whip up the filling up to 3 days in advance, and then spread it on the bread and bake it right before you want to serve it.
The Best Easy 30 Minute Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza Recipe
Ingredients in Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Unsalted butter – to cook the onion and garlic
- Onion – along with the garlic, this provides a savory flavor base
- Garlic – adds depth of flavor
- Cream cheese – for creamy, decadent texture
- Hot sauce – adds a spicy kick; look for Frank’s RedHot Original Sauce
- Cook chopped chicken – this is a great way to use rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey after Thanksgiving
- Salt and black pepper – to season the dish
- Mozzarella cheese – for the gooey factor
- Sharp cheddar cheese – adds intense cheesy flavor and richness
- Blue cheese – this is a classic pairing with Buffalo wings; it adds complexity here
- French bread – the base of our pizza
- Scallion – adds a touch of savory onion flavor
How to Make Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza
Step 1: Get Prepped:
Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Slice the bread in half lengthwise and put the bread (cut side up) onto the prepared baking sheet.
Measure out all your ingredients. Chop the onion and mince the garlic.
Step 2: Cook the Onion and Garlic:
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened and starting to caramelize, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
Step 3: Stir Together the Buffalo Chicken Topping:
Stir together the onion/garlic mixture, cream cheese, and hot sauce in a large bowl. Stir in the chicken, salt, black pepper, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and blue cheese. Spread this mixture onto the bread.
Step 4: Bake and Serve:
Bake until the cheese is melted and the bread turns golden around the edges, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Cool slightly, then top with scallion, slice the bread, and serve.
Pro Tip: Make It Even Quicker & Easier
Omit the butter, onion, and garlic. Use Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce instead of hot sauce and add 1 teaspoon onion powder and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
What is Buffalo Style?
You might be wondering what “Buffalo style” is in terms of flavor. Buffalo style usually refers to something that has Buffalo sauce added!
In its original form, Buffalo sauce (which is also called Buffalo wing sauce or just wing sauce) is simply a combination of melted butter and Frank’s RedHot Original Sauce. Back home in Buffalo, it’s always Frank’s!
Butter adds richness and mellows out the spicy heat of hot sauce. Other ingredients like garlic, cayenne pepper, etc. are delicious, but not part of the original sauce.
The reason this recipe calls for Frank’s RedHot Original Sauce (instead of Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce, which is a combination of butter and hot sauce) is because here we use butter to cook the onion and garlic.
More Buffalo Style Recipes to Make
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Extra Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe with Buffalo Sauce
I love hearing from you!
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment.
You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media.
To stay up-to-date, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Frank's RedHot Original Sauce see Note
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken rotisserie chicken works great here
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 1 loaf French bread Italian bread also works well
- 3 scallions green and white parts, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Slice the bread in half lengthwise and put the bread (cut side up) onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened and starting to caramelize, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Stir together the onion/garlic mixture, cream cheese, and hot sauce in a large bowl. Stir in the chicken, salt, black pepper, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and blue cheese. Spread this mixture onto the bread.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the bread turns golden around the edges, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly, then top with scallion, slice the bread, and serve.
- Hot Sauce: Do not use wing sauce here; just straight-up hot sauce is what we’re after. If you’re wondering about the heat level, 1/4 cup of Frank’s RedHot Original Sauce is about “mild” heat level and 1/2 cup is about “medium”.
- Make Ahead: Make the topping mixture up to 3 days ahead, and then top the bread and bake it as directed right before you want to serve.
- The Even Quicker and Easier Version: Omit the butter, onion, and garlic. Use Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce instead of hot sauce and add 1 teaspoon onion powder and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
French bread pizza sounds PERFECT for NYE eating! It’s easy to throw together and everyone loves it. I especially love the buffalo sauce infusion…it’s the best.
Laura (Tutti Dolci) says
What a simply perfect NYE menu. Happy New Year, Faith!
Amy (Savory Moments) says
I love the look of the Buffalo Chicken French bread pizza. We make a similar one on regular pizza crust, but I like this idea for a snack/appetizer for a gathering. Happy New Year, Faith!
Marissa | Pinch and Swirl says
This looks fabulous! I’ll add a salad and cal it dinner. xo
[email protected] says
This looks so delish! Happy early New Year!
I making this for my husbands next guys night! He and his buddies will go crazy for it! Enjoy your new years eve!