I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
But the holidays aren’t completely over yet…there’s still a little room for indulgence this week, right?
Enter this Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza.
Do you have your New Year’s (or New Year’s Eve) party menu all planned yet? This recipe is something that everyone will go crazy for, plus it’s easy to make, comes together quickly (thanks to the use of a rotisserie chicken!), and can be made ahead. (I love it when that happens.)
If you need more appetizer ideas, here are some of my favorites:
What’s your go-to appetizer or party food?
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz (115 g) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ to ½ cup (60 to 120 ml) hot sauce, such as Frank’s Original Hot Sauce (not wing sauce; see Note)
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken (rotisserie chicken works great here)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 oz (225 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 oz (115 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz (115 g) blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375F; line a large baking sheet with foil. Slice the bread in half lengthwise and put the bread (cut side up) onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add the onion and cook until softened and starting to caramelize, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Stir together the onion/garlic mixture, cream cheese, and hot sauce in a large bowl. Stir in the chicken, salt, black pepper, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and blue cheese. Spread this mixture onto the bread.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 15 to 18 minutes. Cool slightly, then top with scallion, cut, and serve.
To Make This Dish Ahead: Make the topping mixture a day ahead and then top the bread and bake it as directed before you want to serve it.