Flourless Pecan Pie Cashew Butter Blondies are rich and gooey and full of pecan pie flavor; they’re made with a base of homemade cashew butter (made using The NutraMilk), and unless you show someone the recipe, they’d never guess these blondies are flourless!
The thing is, I’ve been wanting to try my hand at baking with cashew butter for forever now. (Or, more realistically, for at least the past three years or so.) But if I’m being honest, cashew butter isn’t something that finds its way into my kitchen very often; peanut and almond butters, yes, but cashew butter…not so much. Cashews on the other hand, are a very different story.
I almost always have raw cashews in my pantry. They’re perfect for adding to a salad, serving on a cheese platter, jazzing up chicken, or just grabbing a handful between meals when I need a little something and a) don’t want to spoil dinner (I can still hear my mom saying not to snack on something heavy because I’ll spoil my supper, lol!), and b) want to avoid the temptation of junk food. As it turns out, cashews are also perfect for making into butter.
I recently tried and fell in love with The NutraMilk, which makes it fast and easy to make wholesome nut milks and butters in your own kitchen. And with so many of us consuming dairy-free milk these days either out of necessity or preference, this is huge! The NutraMilk is a one-of-a-kind kitchen must-have; you can use raw or roasted nuts, seeds, grains, and legumes, and unlike making nut milks in many blenders, there’s no need to soak them first when using The NutraMilk. Quality of ingredients is really important to me, and maybe my favorite thing about The NutraMilk is that it makes it so easy to make nut butters and milks that are completely free of additives and emulsifies; it’s literally just one ingredient! I started with cashews and made butter, and then decided it was high time I made a cashew butter-based baked good.
With this recipe, I wanted something fit for the holidays, but with a healthier spin. These blondies really do taste like pecan pie in blondie form. They’re intensely gooey and super rich, basically everything a blondie should be. And then the really fun part is the pecan pie flavor, so you’re getting your festive dessert fix with something a bit healthier. I can’t wait to play around with this recipe and make other baked goods! Cookies are next on my list, and I’m thinking chocolate chip…or maybe butterscotch…or even jam thumbprints!
Pre-order The NutraMilk now through 12/8 and use NUTRAMILK50 for $50 off MSRP and receive a free bonus storage container! Units will ship at the end of November. (While supplies last.)
- 1 cup (240 g) creamy unsweetened cashew butter (about 2¾ cups cups raw cashews to make homemade butter)
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) honey
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (120 g) pecans, coarsely chopped
- Flaky sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Add 2¾ cups raw cashews to the NutraMilk container. Set it on the "butter" cycle for the recommended time (about 5 to 6 minutes) and let it run until you get a smooth, creamy cashew butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350F; line an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with 2 pieces of parchment paper so it hangs over all 4 sides. Lightly grease the parchment paper with coconut oil.
- Use a handheld electric mixer to beat together the cashew butter, honey, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Fold in the pecans.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle a little flaky sea salt on top. Bake until golden along the outside, about 18 to 20 minutes, being careful not to over-bake.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting and serving. Store leftovers wrapped in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Disclosure: This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and NutraMilk, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #TheNutraMilk http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
I made these with store bought cashew butter and cashew pieces instead of pecans and they were YUMMY!