With a combination of maple, stone-ground mustard, fresh thyme, and garlic, this 15-minute Maple Glazed Chicken Recipe is as flavorful as it is easy!
There’s something about this meal (or maybe it’s my photos of this meal) that screams ‘70’s to me.
Which is a little weird because I wasn’t even born yet in the ‘70’s! But I think I’m remembering episodes of The Brady Brunch, which I used to watch like it was my job when I was growing up. I was convinced I was Jan and my younger sister was a combo of both Marcia and Cindy, lol.
This meal reminds me of one of my favorite meals from that time of my life: my mom’s Honey-Dijon Chicken!
Maple stands in for honey here, and garlic and fresh herbs add dimension. My mom’s dish used to take a while to cook since she used bone-in chicken. However, made with boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets, this dish comes together in less than 15 minutes. It's perfect for busy weeknights!
Add a green salad and some crusty multigrain rolls to round out the meal and keep cooking time to a minimum.
Maple Glazed Chicken Recipe
This Maple Mustard Chicken recipe is perfect for a weeknights when you don't have time to cook! Chicken breast cutlets are quick-cooking, and the easy maple mustard sauce really packs a punch of flavor.
What Are Chicken Breast Cutlets?
Chicken breast cutlets are chicken breasts that are cut in half and then pounded to an even thickness.
Tips for Making Chicken Breast Cutlets:
- Use a sharp knife when cutting the breasts in half.
- Pound out the chicken between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Or buy chicken breast cutlets at the grocery store!
More Fast and Easy Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Coconut Chicken Tenders
- Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- Gluten Free Healthy Baked Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Marsala
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Caprese Recipe with Lemon and Thyme
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Maple Glazed Chicken Recipe
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the hot skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes, flipping once. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside for now.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pan. Bring to a boil and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits. Cook until the sauce is starting to thicken, about 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and cook 2 minutes more until the chicken is warm and the liquid is syrupy.
This post was first published on An Edible Mosaic on January 23, 2013. I updated it with more information on January 15, 2021.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!