This gluten free Sweet Omelet with Jam and Ricotta tastes like a pastry and takes just five minutes and five ingredients to make! It's perfect for Mother’s Day or any special breakfast or brunch.
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, it’s nice to have a few truly special breakfast and brunch ideas up your sleeve. That is particularly true if the recipe comes together in just five minutes and follows the idea of “less is more,” allowing the flavors of top-quality ingredients to truly shine!
I remember being a kid and making my mom breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day. My sister and I would spend the entire morning in the kitchen trying to make it perfect!
And we’d always include a little vase of daisies on the tray we brought to mom. It's the little details, right?
What is a Sweet Omelet?
Sweet omelets aren’t something you see all that often. However, once you try them, you’ll be hooked! My mom used to eat them when I was young. As I got older, I developed a taste for them as well.
The egg is basically acting as a flourless crepe in its most basic form in this recipe. You can play around to find your favorite combination of fruit preserves and cheese. Here I used ricotta cheese and cherry preserves, which is one of my favorite Sweet Omelet flavor profiles.
And don’t forget the splash of vanilla in the eggs because it pulls the flavors together!
Sweet Omelette Recipe
You won't believe how easy it is to make a Sweet Omelet! It's just eggs whisked with a little vanilla extract, cooked in coconut oil.
You can use any type of jam, jelly, or preserves you like for the filling for a Sweet Omelet. You can also use sweet fruit butters, like apple or pumpkin butter. And feel free to omit the cheese or switch it up too!
Here are a few suggestions:
- Blueberry jam + cinnamon
- Guava jelly + cream cheese
- Apple jelly or apple butter + white cheddar
- Strawberry jam + cream cheese + powdered sugar on top
More Omelette and Easy Egg Recipes to Try:
- Western Omelette
- Spanish Omelette
- Sous Vide Egg Bites with Bacon and Cheddar
- Italian Style Omelet
- Egg Skillet Breakfast
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Sweet Omelet with Jam and Ricotta (Gluten Free)
- Whisk together the eggs and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Heat the coconut oil in a 6-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the egg and rotate the skillet so the egg coats the pan. Once the egg starts to set on the bottom, use a rubber spatula to gently lift up the cooked portion and rotate the pan so the uncooked egg runs under.
- When the egg is mostly cooked through, dollop the ricotta and 1 ½ tablespoons Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves on top and cook 30 seconds longer.
- Turn off the heat, cover the skillet, and let it sit for a minute or two so the cheese can fully melt.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with the remaining ½ tablespoon preserves.
- Serve immediately.
- Don't forget the vanilla because it pulls the flavors together!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!