10 minutes is all it takes to throw together this Easy Chocolate-Drizzled Coffee Popcorn with Toasted Almonds…make it for your next movie night!
I know I’m not the only one who goes to the movie theater just for the snacks.
(Ok, not all the time…there are some movies that I’m legitimately into, but for the most part I’d rather wait a while and stream the movie from the comfort of my living room where I can watch it in my PJs snuggled up on the couch.)
Don’t look at me like that…I know I’m not the only one. ;)
When it comes to movie snacks, popcorn, particularly of the buttered/salted variety, is my kryptonite. Sometimes though, I like the chocolate drizzled sweet stuff that you can buy in a little tub. You really can’t go wrong with popcorn any way you do it, right? I have yet to come across anyone who doesn’t like popcorn.
This recipe was born one lazy Sunday afternoon when I was craving a Disney movie marathon and something sweet to go along with it. A quick peak into my pantry revealed a few seemingly unrelated ingredients, but the wheels in my head started turning and 10 minutes later the chocolate drizzle on my popcorn was setting and I was popping in my first movie of the afternoon.
This popcorn is gooood. With dark chocolate, toasted nuts, and vanilla-flavored coffee, it has a grown-up flavor profile going on. It’s completely perfect for us grown-up girls who are still kids at heart and enjoy Disney movie marathons.
- 1 (4.4 oz/125 g) bag G.H. Cretors Organic Simply Salted Popped Corn
- 1 cup (175 g) Chocoley Bittersweet Dark Indulgence Couverture Chocolate disks
- 1 cup toasted almonds, chopped (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons Singing Dog Vanilla Organic Vanilla Coffee, finely ground (I ground it in a coffee grinder, but a couple minutes using a mortar and pestle or a quick whir in a blender will also do the trick)
- Spread the popcorn out evenly onto a large baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave; drizzle the melted chocolate onto the popcorn. Sprinkle the almonds and coffee on top.
- Let the chocolate set before breaking the popcorn up and serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Disclosure: I received the G.H. Cretors, Chocoley, and Singing Dog Vanilla products that I used in this recipe for free; as always, opinions stated are my own.
I’m pretty sure this is the perfect mix of sweet and salty! Snacking done right.
Laura (Tutti Dolci) says
This popcorn looks like such a treat, Faith! Love the chocolate drizzle!
Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche says
This looks like utter luxury! I don’t think I’ve ever had such a posh movie night, but will definitely have to give it a go ;)