In this Mediterranean Bean Salad Recipe, savory herbs, tangy lemon, and fresh vegetables brighten up the flavor of canned butter beans, and feta cheese and kalamata olives pack a punch!
I’m a big fan of bold flavors.
Garlic (although that’s not in this recipe).
Which means I have to carry around a travel-sized toothbrush and matching miniature tube of toothpaste. (Wait, what? You mean your purse isn’t likewise equipped?)
The alternative would be to steer clear of aforesaid flavors, and that I just cannot do.
Or I could just avoid talking to people after eating bold flavors. But that isn’t always an option. And besides, I like to freshen up (so to speak) for myself after eating these foods.
Maybe the best idea yet it to just eat bold-flavored dishes like Greek bean salad in the comfort of my own home where I can use my regular toothbrush, lol.
In all seriousness, this Mediterranean Bean Salad Recipe is fantastic. The bold flavors meld together perfectly for a very satisfying dish. I think it would be perfect for a summer potluck or a side dish for any number of things, like grilled chicken, steak, or even seafood.
My favorite way to eat this salad though? Make a batch and eat it stuffed inside a whole wheat pita for lunch all week long.
Mediterranean Bean Salad Recipe
In this recipe, savory herbs, tangy lemon, and fresh vegetables brighten up the flavor of canned butter beans, and feta cheese and kalamata olives pack a punch.
When you use bold-flavored ingredients, you don’t need to use a ton of them. Just 1/2 cup of feta and 1/4 cup of kalamata olives go into this salad.
With these intense flavors, a little goes a long way and you can eat a bit less and still feel satisfied. It’s a no-cook, healthy meal with minimal effort!
How Long Will Bean Salad Last in the Fridge?
Stored covered in the fridge, this salad will last up to 5 days.
More Healthy Bean Salad Recipes to Try:
- White Bean Roasted Red Pepper Salad
- Chickpea Salad
- Strawberry Black Bean Salad
- Vegan Caribbean Salad
- Za’atar and Mint Butter Bean Salad
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Mediterranean Bean Salad Recipe
- 16 ounces can butter beans preferably no-salt-added, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 seedless cucumber halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper thinly sliced (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 10 whole pitted kalamata olives about 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine all ingredients for the salad in a large bowl. Stir in the dressing.
- Serve or keep covered in the fridge until serving.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This post was first published on An Edible Mosaic on May 13, 2013. I updated it with more information on October 8, 2020.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!