We all need a few super easy recipes up our sleeve.
For nights when you’re throwing chicken or steak on the grill and need an easy side dish, or for days when you want something a little different for lunch that doesn’t require cooking, my Za’atar and Mint Butter Bean Salad is perfect.
The rich, creamy texture of butter beans here pairs really well with the fresh crunch of green pepper and bright-flavored herbs. Za’atar is a Middle Eastern spice blend with savory flavors like thyme, sesame, and sumac. It adds a great punch of flavor to this salad, taking it over the top.
As perfect as this is for a quick lunch or weeknight side dish, I think it would be equally lovely as part of an Easter spread or any springtime celebration. With its bright green color and fresh flavor, this salad really says spring.
Here are a few more perfect salads for your Easter spread or springtime supper:
Broccoli Slaw from Recipe Girl
Citrus-Herb Orzo Salad from Offbeat + Inspired
Easter Egg Cobb Salad from Dinner: A Love Story
Girl & The Goat Magic Beans from Stephanie Izard
Mandarin Orange Salad with Glazed Almonds from Short Stop Blog
Roasted Asparagus Salad with Pecorino, Lemon, and Olive Oil from Cooking Light
Vegan Asparagus Salad for Spring with Tomatoes, Hearts of Palm, and Chives from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 to 4 tablespoons)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon za’atar (see Note)
- 1 (15.5 oz/439 g) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ½ bunch fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 to 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs of mint leaves, chopped
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl.
- Stir all salad ingredients into the dressing.
- Taste and add salt as desired.
- Serve or refrigerate for up to 1 day before serving.