Low-Carb Keto No-Churn Vanilla Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberry Swirl and Chocolate Chunks is the perfect treat to keep in your freezer for those times when an ice cream craving hits!
I had high hopes of making cheesecake-stuffed chocolate-drizzled strawberries this Valentine’s Day. Alas, the best laid plans. (But if you haven’t seen them, do a quick Google search because they are quite possibly the cutest food ever. But I’ll admit, I was feeling a little unmotivated – ahem, lazy – when it comes to meticulously piping cheesecake into strawberries.)
I went with the same flavors, but in something that doesn’t require nearly as precision: ice cream! This was my first attempt at a keto ice cream and it ended up being a real winner. I’ve had the idea for the ice cream base in my head for quite a while now; it’s basically my low-carb cheesecake mousse recipe tweaked a little (I’ve used it to make things like strawberry cheesecake mousse, buttermint cheesecake mousse, and turtle cheesecake dip).
Vanilla bean paste adds beautiful little black flecks to the cheesecake ice cream base. Dark chocolate chunks get folded in, and a quick and easy fresh strawberry sauce gets swirled in. It might not be as fancy as a chocolate-covered strawberry, but I think it’s beautiful in its simplicity. And the fact that it’s keto makes it even better! No sugar crash or sugar coma afterwards.
This would be perfect to serve for Valentine’s Day. If you eat out, come home to dessert waiting for you at the end of the night! Homemade ice cream is always impressive, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy this one whips up…no ice cream maker needed!
What’s your favorite dessert involving strawberries and chocolate?
- 4 oz/115 g organic strawberries, hulled and halved
- ½ tablespoon Swerve Confectioners
- ½ teaspoon RealFruit Instant Pectin (I use Ball)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 drop stevia glycerite
- 1 small pinch sea salt
- 4 oz/115 g organic cream cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 4 tablespoons Swerve Confectioners
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 drops stevia glycerite
- ¾ cup (180 ml) organic heavy cream
- For the strawberry swirl, add all ingredients to a bowl and mash with a potato masher until it forms a sauce (it will thicken slightly). Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese, water, Swerve Confectioners, vanilla extract, vanilla bean paste, lemon juice, and stevia glycerite until smooth in a large bowl. Beat the heavy cream to stiff peaks in a medium bowl. Beat ¼ of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the remaining whipped cream ¼ at a time.
- Stir the chocolate into the cream cheese mixture.
- Dollop the strawberry sauce into the cream cheese mixture and gently swirl it around, being careful not to over-mix or you won’t get swirls.
- Gently pour the mixture into a 9-inch loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze until stiffened enough to scoop, at least 4 hours or up to 2 weeks. Let it set at room temperate for 10 to 15 minutes before scooping because this does freeze quite solid.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items, which helps me keep this site alive – thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!