Spicy Blue Cheese Celery Slaw features the crunch of celery in a creamy dressing with a punch of heat from Frank's RedHot and the tangy flavor of blue cheese. It's perfect served with Buffalo wings or Buffalo Chicken Burgers!
When I was younger I hated celery with a purple passion, lol.
As the perfect vessel for things like peanut butter, cream cheese, or French onion dip, celery is such an odd vegetable to hate on. But I wouldn’t have been caught dead munching a celery stick. Not even along with a chicken wing and blue cheese for dipping!
Since then I’ve changed my crazy ways and learned to appreciate celery. Not only for its ability to serve as a vessel for other yummy foods, but also for its crunch factor. And I love the fact that it’s a little bit like both chicken and tofu in that it absorbs the flavors around it.
Blue cheese makes this salad!
This salad features the crunch I love about celery, along with the flavor of creamy blue cheese dressing that’s laced with a subtle spiciness. It is wonderful, addictive even, and will have you wondering whether or not you ever want to use cabbage or broccoli stalks for slaw again (and yes, I love both of them too).
Make it and you’ll be hard-pressed not to eat the entire batch. By yourself, before dinner.
How to Cut Celery
Compared to other vegetables, a head of celery is quite big and it can be intimidating if you're not sure how to cut it. But once you try it, you'll see how easy it is to cut celery!
- Pull each rib of celery off the stalk.
- Rinse the celery under cool running water to get off any dirt.
- Trim the bottom and top off of each rib. (But you can eat the leaves if you want, so you don't need to cut them off!)
- Place a celery rib onto a cutting board and slice it horizontally. You can slice it thicker or thinner depending on what you're making. For example, for this Celery Slaw I like thin slices, but for stew I like thicker slices of celery.
Pro Tip: The whole head of celery is called a "stalk" and a single stick of celery is called a "rib".
More Recipes Where Celery is the Star:
- Cream of Celery Soup (Gluten Free)
- Celery Salad with Dates, Almonds, and Parmesan
- Cheesy Celery Gratin (Low Carb)
- Celery Stir Fry
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Spicy Blue Cheese Celery Slaw
- Stir together the mayo, Greek yogurt, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the celery, carrot, and ¾ of the scallion (reserving ¼ for garnish) and stir until the veggies are coated.
- Gently fold in the blue cheese crumbles; taste and add additional salt, black pepper, and hot sauce as desired.
- Net Carbs: 3g per serving
- Spicy Blue Cheese Celery Slaw is the perfect topping for Buffalo Chicken Burgers!
Spicy Blue Cheese Celery Slaw is the perfect topping for Buffalo Chicken Burgers!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!