This 15-Minute Low Carb Zucchini Pizza Casserole is a delicious and healthy way to satisfy a pizza craving! It’s easier to make than most pizza casserole recipes, and you can easily adjust it up to feed however many people you want.
When you’re in the mood for pizza, what’s your go-to? Maybe it’s homemade or a favorite local pizzeria? New York-style pizza is where my heart truly lies, and back in the day I had a pizzeria I’d hit up whenever a craving struck.
These days I like to keep carbs low when I can, even when eating pizza.
I tend to get a little creative when I need my fix like pizza kale and paleo flatbread pizza (made with my paleo flatbread as the base).
I make another kind of low-carb “pizza”:
- Sauté onion in a little olive oil with turkey pepperoni.
- Sprinkle on a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese cooked until melted.
- Top with a couple spoons of marinara and a little handful of chopped olives.
That is by far the easiest (and one of the most delicious) ways to cure a pizza craving. And it’s ready in less time than it would take to drive to your favorite local spot and pick up a slice.
But sometimes you want to eat pizza and also get in your veggie intake, right? Enter this Zucchini Pizza Casserole concoction!
I know to pizza purists this will in no way qualify as pizza. But it has a lot of the same flavors going on. And I’d much rather nourish my body with veggies than feel lethargic and bloated from eating a regular slice. It eventually comes to the point where you don’t even miss the carbs.
Zucchini Pizza Casserole Recipe
This is by far the easiest low carb zucchini pizza casserole type of recipe!
I don’t bother shredding the zucchini. I just slice it up, give it a quick saute, and toss it into a casserole dish.
Then top it with tomato sauce, cheese, and your pizza toppings of choice.
Give it a quick broil to melt the cheese, and dinner is served.
More Low Carb Pizza Ideas:
Pizza Salad with Pepperoni Chips and Creamy Roasted Tomato-Garlic Dressing
Pizza Dip (to keep it low-carb, serve with carrot and celery sticks or low-carb crackers instead of regular bread or crackers for dipping)
Low Carb Zucchini Recipes:
- Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries
- Zucchini Pizza Boats
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
15-Minute Low Carb Zucchini Pizza Casserole for One
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound zucchini sliced into ½-inch rounds
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 tablespoons low-carb tomato pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 ounces shredded mozzarella or any kind of cheese you like
- 1/2 ounce turkey pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and cook until starting to turn golden on both sides, about 4 minutes. Turn the heat down to low, add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Transfer the zucchini mixture to an individual-sized gratin dish. Spoon the tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle on the cheddar or mozzarella, top with the turkey pepperoni, and then the Parmesan.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and starting to turn golden brown; serve.
- Net Carbs: 3g per serving
This post was first published on An Edible Mosaic on August 22, 2017. I updated it with more information on July 15, 2020.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!
Every one of these pizza inspired dishes is calling my name! Absolutely love the zucchini bake for right now when summer squash is still easy to find!
Yum! I love this idea!
Zoya Amin says
OMG, what a Pizzas, I love Pizza, thank you very much for sharing this awesome recipe, this is incredible, really I can’t wait to eat this beautiful and tasty Pizza, just look at the pics, all are mouth-watering.