Recently after I made Scallop-Herb Salad, I started craving ranch dressing.
But I didn’t really want ranch dressing, at least not the bottled kind...I wanted something made with fresh herbs and real buttermilk. Something I can pair with veggies straight from the garden and grilled chicken or fish on a summer evening and call it dinner, or serve with crudités and have an easy appetizer.
This dressing is simple, delicious, and perfect.
- ¾ cup (180 ml) buttermilk
- ½ cup (115 g) Greek yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, grated on a microplane
- 6 small scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Store covered in the fridge.