This Easy Homemade Caesar Dressing Recipe whips up in 5 minutes, and is creamy with a salty, garlicky, umami flavor (and it’s not fishy!).
Shabby chic is one of my favorite styles.
I love little twists and oxymorons that doen’t seem to go together, but in the end, go together seamlessly. They help keep classics not only alive, but fresh and exciting. Take this Easy Homemade Caesar Dressing Recipe.
There’s nothing new about it, and I don’t think there needs to be. It is absolute perfection in its classic form. Creamy, salty, garlicky, umami. Wonderful.
But I also think it’s fun to use a classic Caesar dressing in a more non-orthodox salad with things like turkey bacon and crushed breadsticks instead of croutons!
Like so many of my meals these days, this was a meal that came together in minutes, including the time it took to make the dressing. It was a busy day and I had a friend coming over for lunch and I needed something fabulous in no time flat. And this fit the bill perfectly!
She had no idea that lunch was so quick to whip up and I wasn’t volunteering the information, lol. I even had time to make my favorite Chocolate Avocado Pudding for dessert! I’d call that a good day.
Easy Homemade Caesar Dressing Recipe
If you’ve never had homemade Caesar dressing before, you should give it a try. It really couldn’t be easier!
And if you’re put off by the anchovies, don’t worry, the end result doesn’t taste fishy. I know I will be making this dressing over and over, especially during the hot summer months when a light, refreshing meal is all I’m in the mood for.
Pro Tip: You can use 1/3 teaspoon of salt instead of the anchovies, but it won’t have quite the same depth of flavor. Either way, be sure you don’t skip the Worcestershire sauce, which also has anchovy!
More Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes to Make:
- Roasted Garlic Salad Dressing
- Homemade Italian Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Best Salad Dressing
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Easy Homemade Caesar Dressing Recipe
- Pulse the garlic and anchovies together in a food processor.
- Add the egg yolk and process until smooth.
- Drizzle in the olive oil a bit at a time until completely incorporated, and then with the motor still running, drizzle in the lemon juice.
- Add the Worcestershire, Dijon, and black pepper, and pulse to combine.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Store in a sealed jar in the fridge up to 5 days.
- This recipe makes about 3/4 cup of salad dressing, or about 6 (2-tablespoon-sized) servings.
- Anchovy Fillets Substitution: You can use 1/3 teaspoon of salt instead, but it won’t have quite the same depth of flavor. Either way, be sure you don’t skip the Worcestershire sauce, which also has anchovy!
- To Make the Salad in the Photos in This Post: Line a large bowl with 3 large handfuls of mixed salad greens. Add 1 to 2 crushed store-bought breadsticks, 2 slices of crisped turkey bacon, 2 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and about 2 tablespoons of homemade Caesar dressing. Serve immediately.
This post was first published on An Edible Mosaic on June 12, 2013. I updated it with more information on August 26, 2020.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!