This satisfying Pear Kale Salad with Candied Almonds and Crumbled Goat Cheese pairs sweet and savory flavors with creamy and crunchy textures.
I just realized that I’ve shared a recipe with kale once a week for four out of the past five weeks.
I don’t know when I turned into such a leafy green pusher, lol!
Hopefully you dig kale as much as I do, but if not you might be so into the other components of this salad that you’ll find you really don’t mind the kale.
Because who doesn’t like at least one thing out of the pear, goat cheese, and candied almond trio? And if there’s something you don’t like, feel free to swap it out with something else!
Pear Kale Salad Recipe
This Pear Kale Salad Recipe is a great combination of sweet, salty, creamy, and crunchy.
There isn’t really one star of the show.
Velvety-textured aromatic pear is a nice contrast with the savory earthy flavor and crunchy texture of kale.
Sweet candied almonds provide nutty crunch and go well with the creamy tang of crumbled goat cheese.
It’s a very flavorful salad, and perfect as lunch for two or as a dinner side dish for four.
It has a very harvest-time fall-ish feel to it, so it would be great if you’re planning an autumnal dinner party.
More Salad Recipes to Try:
- Winter Salad Recipe with Kale and Pomegranate
- Roasted Pear Salad with Marinated Carrot Zucchini Ribbons
- Greek Kale Salad with Lemon Olive Oil Dressing
- Chopped Kale Salad
- Kale Nicoise Salad
- Creamy Poppy Seed Kale Slaw with Red Pear, Toasted Pepitas, and Golden Raisins
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Pear Kale Salad with Candied Almonds and Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 small onion thinly sliced
- 4 ounces kale de-stemmed, washed, and chopped
- 1 red pear I used a red Anjou pear, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 6 tablespoons candied almonds homemade or store-bought, chopped
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, and then toss in the onion.
- Stir in the kale, making sure that it’s coated well in the dressing, and let the salad sit for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the kale mixture to individual salad bowls; top each with pear, goat cheese, and candied almonds.
- This salad serves 4 as a side dish or 2 as a light meal.
This post was first published on An Edible Mosaic on October 23, 2014. I updated it with more information on October 29, 2020.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!