Thank you Tillamook for sponsoring this post.
It’s surprisingly easy to make an epic breakfast charcuterie board with a variety of delicious breakfast finger foods and it only takes about 20 minutes!
We all love a good cheese or charcuterie board. Or a dessert board, yum.
And now boards have become so trendy, I’ve even seen things like nacho boards, burger boards, salad boards, and dumpling boards!
Boards are a great way to feed people without really having to cook. And if you want people to be able to munch on what they want without sitting down to a formal meal, boards are perfect because they feature a ton of finger foods.
Today I’m showcasing an easy, epic Breakfast Board! If you’re hosting brunch, this is a game-changer. It’s easy to put together in about 20 minutes, and everyone goes crazy over it.
This Easy Breakfast Board is full of delicious breakfast foods, like sausage, eggs, fruit, waffles, toast, bagels, jams, and a variety of Tillamook Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spreads.
Cheese is a delicious addition to a Breakfast Board, and Tillamook Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spreads are rich, creamy, and flavorful. Also, I love that Tillamook Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spreads are made without gums, fillers or preservatives. And bonus, they’re available at a Publix near you!
What is a Charcuterie Board?
Before we talk about breakfast boards, let’s first start with a charcuterie board. This was the original inspiration for all the trendy food boards that we’re seeing now!
Charcuterie is the French term for preparing preserved meats, such as bacon, ham, pâté, etc. Traditionally, a charcuterie board contains a variety of these meats along with cheese. Fresh or dried fruit, and fresh or preserved vegetables are also sometimes included. Nuts and jams are also a common addition. And charcuterie boards are commonly served along with some type of bread or crackers, as well as wine.
Although the term “charcuterie board” refers to a meat board, it has come to refer to any type of food board that has a common theme, such as dessert boards, cheese boards, or even a brunch board!
What is a Breakfast Board or a Brunch Board?
A breakfast charcuterie board (aka a brunch board) is a compilation of finger food-type breakfast foods on a board. When you’re thinking of items to include, try to stick with items that are tasty at room temperature.
And as far as food safety goes, remember that the USDA recommends never leaving food out of refrigeration for more than 2 hours.
Breakfast Finger Foods
Breakfast is a fun meal to make a board for, because there is such a huge variety of breakfast finger foods! Include a variety of foods so there’s something for everyone.
Here Are a Few of the Best Breakfast Finger Foods:
- Cooked sausage links
- Crisped bacon
- Deli meats, such as sliced turkey breast
- Hard-boiled eggs; I like to include a little dish of Everything Bagel Seasoning next to the hard-boiled eggs to season them with
- Deviled eggs
- Waffles, cut into quarters
- Small pancakes
- Mini bagels
- Mini croissants
- Berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries
- Melon, such as cantaloupe or honeydew
- A variety of jams and preserves
- Tillamook Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spreads
How to Make an Easy Breakfast Board
One of the best things about building a board of any kind is that it requires minimal to zero cooking, depending on the items you choose to include.
With a few simple tips, it’s surprisingly easy to put together an epic breakfast or brunch board with minimal effort.
- Opt for sliced deli meat instead of breakfast meat that has to be cooked and tastes best served warm
- Buy hard-boiled eggs instead of cooking them yourself
- If you don’t have time to make waffles and/or pancakes, find them in the freezer section
- Get smaller citrus, such as clementine or mandarin that don’t need to be sliced
- Include a variety of grapes, which are easy to clean and don’t need to be cut
- Serve a few different Tillamook Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spreads instead of getting cheese that needs to be sliced! Tillamook Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spread comes in four flavors: Original, Aged Cheddar, Very Veggie, and Seriously Strawberry.
The Best Tips to Make a Breakfast Board Beautiful:
- Use a variety of different components with different colors and textures
- Consider adding dried fruits (such as prunes, raisins, dried apricots, etc.) and/or preserved fruits or vegetables (such as pickles or olives) in addition to fresh fruits and vegetables
- Add different nuts, such as pecans, almonds, hazelnuts, etc.
- Use fresh herbs for a splash of color and to fill in any void spots in the board
More Breakfast and Brunch Items That are Perfect for a Breakfast Board:
- Cheddar Scones Recipe with Fresh Dill
- Easy Pancake Bites
- Sugar Free Strawberry Jam
- Fruit Kebabs
- Sunday Morning Scones
- Instant Pot Deviled Eggs with Relish
- Apple Onion Chicken Breakfast Sausage
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Easy Epic Breakfast Board
- 24 small turkey sausage links cooked
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 6 teaspoons Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 14 ounces Tillamook Cream Cheese Spreads 2 7-ounce containers, any flavor or combination of flavors you like
- 1 pint strawberries
- 6 navel oranges sliced
- 3 Belgian waffles homemade or store-bought, each cut into quarters
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 12 slices toast
- 6 mini bagels
- 12 tablespoons jam any flavor or combination of flavors you like
- Fresh herbs such as dill, chives, thyme, etc., for garnish (optional)
- Arrange all items on a large wooden board or serving platter.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!