This Fresh Fig Salad Recipe features sweet, juicy fresh figs, nutty pistachios, and a sweet/tart dressing. It’s easy to make and as delicious as it is simple!
Who says salad can’t be spectacular?
I think the best part about a salad is its simplicity. If you have extremely fresh produce, just let its flavor shine and the work is done for you.
That was the idea behind this salad!
Fresh Fig Salad Recipe
I like to vary my salads by season, featuring what is at its peak at a particular time. Right now I’m able to find the most amazing figs here in Kuwait, so that’s what I featured.
Pistachios pair well with figs, and they also add great crunch here. And an extremely easy homemade pomegranate dressing strikes the perfect sweet/tart balance.
I think this salad is the perfect way to start an end-of-summer or early fall dinner.
Pro Tip: This salad is naturally gluten free, vegan, and paleo!
Variations on This Fig Salad
If you can’t find fresh figs, you could make an apple-based salad with fresh apples, walnuts, and apple cider-honey vinaigrette.
Or for a heartier salad, you could cube and roast butternut squash and use pumpkin seeds and make a quick maple vinaigrette with maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil.
Or if fresh pomegranate is available to you, just substitute pomegranate arils for the figs in this salad.
What Cheese Pairs Well with Figs?
Feel free to add a bit of your favorite cheese to this Fresh Fig Salad Recipe if you like. Crumbled feta, goat cheese, or blue cheese would be perfect here.
Are You Supposed to Peel Fresh Figs?
There is no need to peel fresh figs before eating them! Fig skin is edible and quite tender.
More Fresh Fig Recipes to Try:
- Yogurt Mousse with Honey and Fresh Figs
- Fresh Fig and Feta Salad with Pine Nuts
- Fresh Fig Bread
- Golden Vanilla Fig Cake
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Fresh Fig Salad Recipe with Pistachio and Pomegranate Dressing
- 3 cups green or red leaf lettuce washed and torn
- 2 ripe fresh figs washed, stems removed, and quartered
- 1/2 small white onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pistachios coarsely chopped
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Divide the salad between 2 plates and top with the fig, onion, and pistachios.
- Drizzle dressing on top of each and serve immediately.
- If keeping this salad vegan isn't a concern, add a handful of cheese, such as crumbled feta, goat cheese, or blue cheese.
- To bump up the protein, add grilled chicken breast or half a can of rinsed and drained.
This post was first published on An Edible Mosaic on October 16, 2013. I updated it with more information on September 1, 2020.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!