These 10+ Perfect Side Dishes for Easter or a Celebratory Spring Dinner make menu planning easy!
In my family, half the fun of holiday meals lies in the planning. Some components are mandatory (like turkey on Thanksgiving and lamb on Easter), but there’s always a little more leeway (and room for creativity) when it comes to side dishes and dessert.
Here are a few ideas for inspiration; I’ve included salads, grains, and potatoes, so there’s something for everyone.
Sweet Pea Salad with Lemon, Bacon, and Lemon Cream Dressing
Tri-Color Quinoa, White Bean, and Bell Pepper Salad
Loaded Cheesy Potato Casserole
Millet Pilaf with Roasted Carrot and Fennel
And here are a few more side dishes that sound pretty fabulous…
- Asparagus with Grated Egg and Capers from Pinch and Swirl
- Julia Child’s Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce from Noshing with the Nolands
- Lemon Asparagus Pasta Salad with Cucumber and Feta from Peas & Crayons
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pan Roasted Brown Butter Radishes from Nutmeg Nanny
- Quinoa with Mushrooms, Green Onions, and Parmesan from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Baby Artichokes from Cooking Light
- Roasted Garlic and Chive Cauliflower Mash from Healthy Recipe Ecstasy
- Smoked Mac and Cheese from Bakers Royale
- Zucchini and Green Bean Saute from The Lemon Bowl
Do you have a go-to side dish for a spring meal?
I love all your recipes and your set-up of them. Thank you.
Everything looks lovely, Faith, but I’m especially smitten by the Sweet Pea Salad with Lemon, Bacon, and Lemon Cream Dressing. Yum!!
Michelle Cain says
This is such a great list Faith! Thanks so much for including my “mash”! We need to get together soon! Can’t wait to catch up!
Oh Faith, I want them all! It’s so true that side dishes are fair game for creativity. And they often end up being the star of the meal. I would gladly make an Easter meal of JUST the Loaded Cheesy Potato Casserole and Beet-Citrus Salad.
Thank you for including me in your list too. xoxo Have a wonderful weekend…
Jenn Peas and Crayons says
I cannot wait to try your sweet pea salad! Holy YUM it looks amazing Faith! <3 Wish we lived close enough to celebrate together! <3
Wonderful dishes! Very appetizing.