This Creamy Brussels Sprouts Salad only has four ingredients, is full of crunch and has a rich, creamy, zippy dressing! It’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser and a great addition to your holiday table!
I wish I could say that me and Brussels sprouts go way back, but we just don’t. Growing up, I wasn’t much of a picky eater, except for foods that were highly pungent.
That basically eliminated things like sauerkraut, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts from my diet, lol.
But since then, I’ve seen the error of my ways and luckily have outgrown that phase. Now there isn’t a stinky food that bothers me, stinky cheese included! And of course Brussels sprouts are great because of their versatility, in addition to their nutrition benefits and their delicious flavor.
For some reason, Brussels sprouts seem to be a natural choice for the holidays. You can roast them, saute them, gratin them, steam them, or use them to make this Creamy Brussels Sprouts Salad.
Creamy Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe
This Creamy Brussels Sprouts Salad recipe is basically as easy as slicing the sprouts! I use my homemade Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing for this salad, but you can use whatever your favorite store-bought or homemade creamy salad dressing is. My second favorite to use here is my homemade Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing!
Pro Tip: Some grocery stores sell pre-chopped Brussels sprouts if you’re short on time!
Brussels Sprouts Salad Ingredients:
- Brussels sprouts
- Homemade Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing
- Toasted Almonds
Can Brussel Sprouts Be Eaten Raw?
According to SFGate, for many people, Brussels sprouts are fine to eat raw. However, some people experience bloating and gas from raw cruciferous vegetables, such as sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower. After cooking, these vegetables are easier to digest.
Additionally, as per The World’s Healthiest Foods, both raw and cooked sprouts have cholesterol-lowering properties; however, steamed Brussels sprouts (as opposed to raw sprouts) have a greater ability to lower cholesterol. Very interesting!
Different Kinds of Brussels Sprouts Salads
The sky is the limit in terms of different variations on this salad! Here are a few ideas to get you going.
Brussels Sprout Salad with Bacon:
- Cook 2 slices of bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and cool.
- Sprinkle the bacon on top of the salad.
Brussels Sprout Salad with Cranberries:
- Toss 3 tablespoons reduced sugar dried cranberries in with the salad.
Brussels Sprout Salad with Apples:
- Wash, core, and thinly slice 1 sweet-tart apple.
- Toss the apple in with the salad.
Brussels Sprout Salad with Pine Nuts:
- Instead of toasted almonds, use 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts.
More Delicious Brussels Sprouts Recipes:
- Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Dark Cherry Sauce and Hazelnut
- Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Balsamic Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprout and Bacon Hash with Fried Egg
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Creamy Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Toss together the sprouts, dressing, and scallion.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Net Carbs: 5g per serving
- I use my homemade Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing for this salad, but you can use whatever your favorite store-bought or homemade creamy salad dressing is. My second favorite to use here is my homemade Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing!
- If you're short on time, some stores sell pre-chopped Brussels sprouts.
- To make salad festive for the holidays, add sliced apple and dried cranberries!
Friendsgiving Virtual Potluck
I have joined up with a bunch of blogger friends for a Friendsgiving Virtual Potluck! Be sure to check the recipes below out for wonderful Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving recipe and craft ideas! (Thank you to Julie from The Little Kitchen for organizing this event!)
- Baked Brie with Honey & Walnuts from Kelley of Mountain Mama Cooks
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Bites from Nicole of I am a Honey Bee
- Reindeer Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball from Julie of Julie Blanner
- Sauteed Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts from Shashi of Savory Spin
- Creamy Brussels Sprouts Salad from Faith of An Edible Mosaic
- Savory Vegetable Crisp from Bree of Baked Bree
- Rosemary Lamb Steaks from Danyelle of The Cubicle Chick
- Turkey Pot Pie from Kelly of Eat Picks
- Fried Brussels Sprouts from Erin of The Almond Eater
- Cheesy Horseradish Mashed Potato Casserole from Renee of Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip from April of April Golightly
- Sauteed Garlic-Butter Mushrooms from Linda of Simply Healthyish Recipes
- Easy Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe from Mel of Adventures of Mel
- Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo from Isabel of Isabel Eats
- Bacon Brussels Sprouts from Kara of Kara J. Miller
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole from Jennifer of Show Me the Yummy
- Amazing Gluten Free Thanksgiving Stuffing from Sommer of A Spicy Perspective
- Pumpkin Caramelized Onion Gratin from Denise of Chez Us
- Crockpot Mac & Cheese from Leanette Fernandez of Funtastic Life
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts au Gratin from Rachel Gurk of Rachel Cooks
- Spiced Pumpkin Margarita from Sharon of Cupcakes and Cutlery
- Sourdough Pull Apart Rolls from Erica of Buttered Side Up
- How to Make Homemade Butterhorn Rolls from Mel of Flour on My Fingers
- Sweet Dinner Rolls from Jocelyn of Grandbaby Cakes
- Parker House Rolls from Irvin of Eat the Love
- Sugar Pie from Julie of The Little Kitchen
- Oatmeal Apple Crisp from Julie of Peanut Butter Fingers
- Pumpkin Pie Milkshake from Eden of Sugar and Charm
- Strudel Pastry from Justine of The Typical Mom
- Tahini Hawaij Pumpkin Pie from Amy of What Jew Wanna Eat
- Turkey Cookies from Meaghan of The Decorated Cookie
- Mini Apple Pie Bites from Lynsey of MoscatoMom
- Kabocha squash pie from Hilah of hilahcooking
- Pecan Pie Cupcakes from Courtney of Pizzazzerie
- Coconut Cream Pie from Schnelle of Brooklyn Active Mama
- Chocolate chip cheesecake from Jeannette of Hispana Global
- Chocolate Pecan Pie from Kate of I Heart Eating
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes from Chelsea of Someday I’ll Learn
- Cinnamon Apple Crisp from Erica of The Crumby Kitchen
- Turkey Donut Race Cars For Thanksgiving Treats from Theresa of Chewable Structures
Crafts and Centerpieces
- Cinnamon Stick Holiday Candle Place Setting from Alli of Made with HAPPY
- Metallic Pumpkin Luminaries from Amy of As The Bunny Hops
- Easy centerpiece that will stun + party favor from Noelle of Oh Happy Play
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!